Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wednesday

This is turning into a great week for me! For breakfast I had 1/2 an apple and mixed some Wildtree sugar and spice blend into our oats. It was the first time I made oatmeal like this and it was DELICIOUS! The girls were using their apples as spoons and making "mmmmm" noises the whole time. I will be making this again for sure!


Since the weather was and is dark and rainy I was feeling sluggish and unmotivated. I stalled by wandering around the house doing chores for a while. Then I thought of just the thing to get me moving and happy. Just Dance 4!!! I owe a lot to this game. It's one of the things that got me moving in the beginning. Katie got the game for Christmas and she kept asking me to dance with her but I was too embarrassed and too out of shape so I never would. It was like that with a lot of things, just sitting on the side and watching other people have fun and actually live their lives. Then one day while everyone was gone I tried it, and oh man I was terrible! But I was doing it, and it was fun! So I kept doing it until I was getting 5 stars and was as good or better than the kids! :) Today I danced my ass off for 45 minutes and felt awesome when I was done.

I put Manny down for her nap then came back to get my sweat on some more. I did these three fitsugar workout videos, a few of my favorites from this site.

After all that I was pretty hungry so I threw some left over stir fry from last night in a pan to heat it up. I added some onion and crushed red pepper since I was the only one eating it and voila! It was even better day two!



After her nap I made Manny a grilled cheese. I was tempted to scavenge some bites, but went with applesauce for a snack instead. Good choice Me!

For dinner I mostly followed this chicken cordon bleu recipe from Skinny Taste. I only had plain bread crumbs so I added the Wildtree lemon pepper blend. They smelled amazing cooking! I was seriously drooling. MMMM.... and even better to eat!! I tossed some vegetable rotini in some olive oil, salt and pepper and sprinkled a little parmasen cheese over that and some broccoli. It was sooooo good! I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow.

DELICIOUS!!

After dinner Josh and I went with Katie to skate night and we both roller bladed too!! Woo hoo!  It was super fun, and I didn't fall at all. :) We are so awesome now! I am feeling especially proud of how far we have come today. GO US!!!







I was pleasantly surprised at how nice my day turned out considering my original weather affected mood. Tomorrow I want to work on finishing my dress and on getting my mile under 10 minutes. Seems doable!

1 comment:

  1. So glad I wake up to your blog the past few mornings! Today I was SOOOOOO HAPPY to see that you ate breakfast! :) I know you know this but it's so important to eat within 60 minutes of waking up so it can jump start your metabolism and it doesn't allow your body to go into starvation mode which later causes you to overeat or only want bad food to fill you up like carbs...but from someone who also HATES breakfast, I've found protein shakes and fresh fruit are the easiest to go down. The natural sugar is a good jump start for the morning. Also cheese and crackers. You're awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete