Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday

Today was a great day! I'm feeling really motivated and full of energy! Right away I wanted to get in a run and take a shot at goal #4 for this week, getting my mile time below 11 minutes. I warmed up at a 10 incline and the speed at 2.5 for .3 mile, about 8 minutes. Then I changed the incline to 0 and the speed to 5.5 to start timing my mile. I kept it like that for the first .7 mile, then I slowly increased the speed for the last .3 of the mile, finishing with the speed at 7. And..... a mile time of 10 minutes and 48 seconds!!! YEEESSS!! :D I let out a WHOOP, stopped to take this lovely picture, and cooled down with another .2 mile, 0 incline and the speed at 3. I am so freakin' proud of myself! Next goal, under 10 minutes.

I DID IT!!!!!

Right after my run I convinced my Dad to go on a bike ride with Manny and me for his birthday. We got my Brother in on the action, and off we went to ride along the river on the Centennial Trail.  We rode for about an hour, and just over 8 miles. The weather was absolutely beautiful and the flowers were blooming everywhere. My soul felt extra happy and peaceful. My body felt extra strong and capable. Especially my legs, I absolutely love how powerful my legs feel! 

I don't think I will ever get sick of the Centennial Trail.

Happy Birthday Dad!

I did great on drinking water but I made poor food choices today. I didn't eat until way too late in the day, then ate too much in the evening. I'm feeling a little bloated and angry at myself. I could blame it on the fact that we hadn't done our grocery shopping yet, and I was busy, and I was at a graduation party, and.......NO. Enough of that. I know better. Breakfast, small snacks throughout the day, reasonable portions, say no to brownies. I'm fixing this right now......
Step one- menu plan ......Check!
Step two- grocery shop.......Check!
(Goal #2 for this week done!)
Step three- follow through with good choices


OK, so not too bad for a Monday. :)

2 comments:

  1. You can do it Tam!! I know how life gets the best of your and time runs away but I love your attitude!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've made poor eating choices the past couple of days...i'm with ya on that one. but lets kick the rest of the week in the butt with clean eating & LOTS of water! :D

    ReplyDelete