Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thursday

Today could have been worse but it could have been better. I hate getting out of my cozy bed and instantly being cold. It makes me want to climb right back in and snuggle up for the remainder of the day. I went through the motions of our morning routine but was really thinking, "How much longer till I could take a nap?" I'm a little sore but mostly tired and cold. Then I didn't eat breakfast, I just couldn't choke it down. And it feels wrong to force myself to eat. I know it's a really important meal, but sometimes it just isn't meant to be.

I had almost convinced myself it would be OK to curl up and watch a movie with Manny, when I noticed the sun had come out. I took this as a sign, or at least the motivation to get out there. I threw on some workout clothes and loaded Manny up in the stroller. I ran about two miles around the neighborhood and soaked up lots of sunshine. I didn't worry about the time today because pushing Manny in the stroller slows me down. No worries, I can work on my time tomorrow. I was feeling ready to take on the day and got a few chores done before having last night's leftover chicken cordon bleu for lunch.

Still delicious.
Then Manny was ready for her nap. At nap and bed time we read a couple books, then listen to a meditation Pandora station and snuggle until she falls asleep, and then lay her down in her bed. Despite all the energy I just had, I ended up falling asleep with her. We were so nice and cozy it was only natural. Naps and I have a love/ hate relationship. I love to take them, but I hate waking up from them. I hardly ever feel rested, instead I feel more tired and groggy. Today was no different. I went through my afternoon routine like a robot, it was terrible.

Josh and I did a nice job working together to make dinner again. We cut up lots of salad stuff so it's prepped and ready for the next couple days as well as for tonight. I used my favorite go to, Asian Ginger Plum Dressing, on mine. Josh barbecued some pork chops seasoned with Java Rub while I whipped up some garlicky balsamic green beans to go with them. Yum! I love cooking together!




I worked on my dress a little tonight but didn't get finished. It's harder than I want it to be right now. So for tonight I'm going to be done. I'm going to get a good nights sleep and hopefully wake up feeling refreshed. And tomorrow I'm going to eat at a good breakfast and get lots of stuff accomplished.


No comments:

Post a Comment