Monday, May 20, 2013

Short and Sweet

I can't believe it's Monday already! I meant to blog everyday last week and didn't. Early on in the week I stuck to abs and arms focused workouts and kept it moderate to low key. Then I got sick of not pushing myself so on Thursday I ran two miles without stopping. I felt great! Exhausted, but so great! And yesterday I ran to the hardware store and back, about a mile and a half and I pushed myself to run faster than I thought I could. (I'm using the Sports Tracker app to track my distance, speed and time. It's super easy to use and helping me keep a log of my runs, hikes, walks and bike rides.) Unfortunately, running has been making my foot start hurting again and I have to go easy the next day or so. I know I'm doing the right thing taking it easy and trying to heal so I don't cause long term damage, but I want to push so much harder than I'm able to right now. It's a little discouraging.

After running to the hardware store.
I love the role music is playing in my journey. It wasn't something I considered as "missing" before, but really, when I was spending that much time watching TV, I was depriving myself of valuable music, reading, artistic or actual activity time. You see, a good song makes me smile, makes me happy. It makes me want to move, to dance, to run faster, and longer. It can move me to my very soul and inspire me to push harder. The last couple week I was loving these songs:



I've been keeping myself busy doing some spring cleaning and organizing around the house, as well as tending to our various flower and vegetable beds. I am stoked that the vegetable sprouts are popping up already! It will be so nice when we can pick something from our garden to eat. :)

Built 2 more planters, soil in two of them and veggies started.
I spy.......a spinach sprout!
The radish sprouts are really taking off!
Lettuce mix starting to sprout!

OK my goals for this week.....

1. I'm going to stop being so hard on myself for not already being able to run marathons. This is a gradual process. It won't happen overnight and that's OK. I will remember where I started.

2. I'm going to get back to making a menu. I want to have lot's of healthy choices available.

3.  I'm going to finish refashioning a dress I started and haven't finished.

4. I'm going to run a mile in under 11 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment