Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tuesday

Another great day for me! I wanted to get off on a good start so I forced myself to eat breakfast. I would much rather eat my first meal at more of a brunch time, but I don't usually have time to eat then. So it's either fairly early in the morning or not till lunch or later, which leaves me feeling drained and weak after my workout. I went with a whole wheat english muffin, with spinach, lean ham, and scrambled egg with salsa.  I tried, but couldn't finish the whole thing. I felt a little sick and not much like running after that. This is where I think juicing or smoothies might work out better for me. I need to look into that.......

It was tasty but I hate eating so early.

Since I wasn't going to be running right away, I went to help my mom with some yard work. The slightly overcast day was perfect for it and we were able to get a lot done. I enjoy gardening so much more now that I can move easily.

During a break I felt ready and jumped on the treadmill to go for my run. This time I warmed up at a 10 incline and speed at 3 for a 1/2 mile. I wanted to improve my time from yesterday, so with the incline at 0 I started the speed at 5.5 and every 1/10 of a mile I increased the speed by .1 and I threw in and extra one near the end so I finished at 6.5. And I cut my mile time down to 10 minutes 21 seconds! Duuuuude!!! Under 10 minutes is closer than I thought!  I cooled down with the incline at 5 and the speed at 2.5 for my last 1/2 mile.

I went back to gardening for a while until I eventually had to stop to have a late lunch. I reheated some leftover quinoa with brown rice and a small piece of BBQ chicken; and I threw in an apple since I hadn't had any fruit yet today. Nothing fancy but it hit the spot.

an apple a day.......

I went back home to get some housework done before the after school/ after work/ dinner rush.
I felt good going into dinner though because I knew we had a dinner plan and we had everything to make it already. I want to remember that, because it's a HUGE difference in how I feel, than on a week when we didn't menu plan and grocery shop ahead of time. Josh and I worked really well together in the kitchen tonight and whipped up a delicious stir fry with chicken, broccoli, carrots and pea pods sauced up with a couple kinds of Wildtree goodness and put that over rice noodles. We all practically licked our plates it was so good!

NOM!

I am really happy with how the day went. I got a lot done, I drank plenty of water, I made pretty good food choices and I felt good all day. I would like to see a small healthy snack added in there somewhere. And I could use some more fruits and veggies, in fact, I will go eat 2 kiwis right now..........and squeeze in a dance party before bed. :)

2 comments:

  1. Good job Tam! You amaze me with you're dedication. You rock!!! Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete