Monday, April 15, 2013

Balance

This week has been a struggle for me. I weighed in yesterday at 205.5, down 1.7 pounds from last Sunday. Even though it's a loss I'm still having to try really hard not to be frustrated. Who am I kidding? I'm frustrated!! I want to get below 200 sooooo bad. I just want to see a big number and I keep getting 1-2 pound losses. Don't get me wrong, it's better than a gain but, UGH!!

OK time to quit bitching and take some responsibility. While the food I've been eating hasn't been terrible, it could have been better. I have been lazy about tracking what I'm eating and I will be correcting that. I do the best and feel the best when we plan out our menu for the week, stick to it, and count the points. I also noticed that I have been slacking on drinking enough water. It's should be such an easy thing but I really have to think about it to get in as much as I should. I'm going to work on that too. I have been keeping up with my workouts though, which is great. Some days I want to less than others but I have been doing good at pushing through.

 Now for a week of during and post workout photos!

Whew!

Something that I have noticed about myself now, and going through this process in this way, is that I'm able to take notice of the things I need to work on much faster and correct them right away, instead of a month from now or a year from now, or ......... never. However, I am finding it challenging to balance everything at the same time; exercising, eating the right foods, making sure to eat breakfast and have healthy snacks, tracking what I'm eating, drinking enough water, keeping up on the house work and yard work, managing 2 kids and my husband and their schedules, socializing with friends, catching up on my "later piles" and still finding time to sew, paint, or do something else creative and just for me. If I focus too much on a couple things, I'm getting behind on something else. I need to find some balance......

Another thing I've noticed is how much the weather effects my mood, which in turn effects my motivation to stay on track and get things done. When the weather is good I have no problem getting busy but the weather isn't always going to be nice. So I also need to figure out how to get motivated and not be cranky when it's gloomy and all I want to do is take a nap.

Enjoying one of the nice days!

On a good note, I tried on an old pair of pants and they fit!! I am pretty excited about this, as you can imagine. I sure am glad I saved some of my clothes as I grew out of them so now I have something to wear as I shrink back into them.

Old pants that fit me again, down 4 sizes!
OK, so I know what I need to work on and where I want to get to. Now I really just need to focus and balance by time. I know this next week is going to be a good one!

2 comments:

  1. You look awesome Tam! Congratulations and keep it up. I can't wait to see you in person in a month!

    ReplyDelete