Sunday, February 16, 2014

Getting Started.....Again

Confession time......I haven't really been doing so good since the 10K in October. I got caught up in Thanksgiving celebrations, and Christmas celebrations, and helping plan my best friends wedding and related parties that  I completely let myself go. I ate anything and everything I was near, I was drinking pretty consistently, exercising almost never, and since I was around so many smokers I picked up smoking again. I tried to use the new year as a kick off point to get back on track. So January 5th I quit smoking again......and have replaced it with binge eating. Bad choice you say? Well I couldn't agree more. I've gained 10 pounds and feel terrible. I started working out a little more then, well, started working out a little less. I'm struggling. A lot. I can feel some of the depression feelings sneaking up waiting to pounce. I can't go back to that. I don't want to be that person and feel like that again.

It's coldish and windy and I want to snuggle up to a movie. But instead I'm going to go for a run on the Centennial Trail and then go get a food tracker journal. It's time to get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment